By Barbouni Anastasia & Tsironi Penelope
As we come to the end of 2018, we want to present the countries that the popularity of people chose to visit this year. So, we found the 3 most visited countries of 2018.
1. France-82.6 million visitors
France is visited by millions of people all over the world for its exquisite cuisine, historic sites, and beautiful scenery. Paris which is the capital city of France is one of the most visited destinations in the world and has a lot to offer to them who decide to visit it and it is a unique experience that will be sure to stay in your mind for a very long time.
Most visited places in France
1. Eiffel tower in Paris, the most visited city in France
2. St Tropez summer holiday destination
3. Chamonix ski resort
4. Palace of Versailles
5. Mont Saint-Michel
2. The United States – 75.6 million visitors
The United States is an extremely diverse place culturally and ethnically. The USA is known for its wide variety of live entertainment. From intimate historic venues to giant arenas, live entertainment is a large part of U.S. culture, the 35,000 museums and more.
Most visited places in the USA
1. Grand Canyon
2. Manhattan in NYC
3. Yellowstone National Park with its geysers
4. Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
5. Niagara Falls at the borders with Canada.
3. Spain – 75.6 million visitors
Spain is one of the most visited European countries, at least in part because of its striking beauty for example the spectacular white sand beaches. Madrid which is the capital and largest city of Spain, is one of the best places to visit , especially for those who have a love and appreciation of history and beautiful architecture.
Most visited places in Spain
2. Mezquita of Cordoba
3. El Escorial
4. Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
5. Ibiza island