By: Vasiliki Giannarou
Historical information about the island…
• Before the Persian War, Paros used to belong to Naxos.
• Paros used to be one of the wealthiest islands of the Aegean Sea, possibly the wealthiest among the Cycladian islands.
• After 1204, Paros was owned by a Venetian duke.
• In 1537, the island was conquered by the Ottomans.
Where is it located?
Paros is a beautiful Greek island, located in the center of the Aegean sea. It is one of the islands that make up the Cyclades. Also, it is close to Antiparos and Naxos islands.
How to get there?
It is relatively easy to get to Paros. You can either reach it by ship or by plane. However, if you have already got to Antiparos, then there is a chance of going to Paros by car.
Did you know that?
Paros has been known for its white marbles. Even nowadays, it still has some old marble mints …
Where to stay in Paros?
Paros is an island known for its luxury hotels. Some of the best residences to stay for some days are considered to be those below:
• Cove Paros
• Summer senses luxury Resort
• Ammos Luxury Studios
Where to buy souvenirs?
• Buying souvenirs is something you surely look for, when visiting a new place. Paros is the ideal island to purchase magnets, jewellery, t-shirts, ingredients to cook local food…
• The most ideal places to seek for the above are:
• Eva’s Gifts
• Memories Jewellery
• Cecelia Art Paros
What to see/enjoy?
1. Golden beach
2. Parikia (village)
3. Naousa (village)
4. Panagia Ekatontapiliani (historic Byzantine church)
5. Archaeological Museum of Paros
6. Loud bars for unique nightlife
7. Katsouna tavern